Search

Mā Tātou Katoa e Ārai atu te Covid-19



We appreciate that the Government announcement, regarding new COVID-19 cases and higher alert levels, may have created concern and uncertainty around future arts activity and events, especially for artists, practitioners and arts organisations in Auckland.


We will continue to work to address the impact of COVID-19 on our people, our whānau, our communities (both national and international), and our organisation.


Our first priority is to monitor this evolving situation and position ourselves to respond quickly, with flexibility, so that we are able to further support the sector as required.


We designed our current 12-month investment programme (2020/2021) for the alert level 1 environment and may need to adjust it to be consistent with the Government’s response to the changing environment. We will update the sector as soon as we can if this needs to happen.


While we hope the increased alert levels will be temporary, we can’t rule out changing the 2020/2021 programmes, including funding opportunities, to enable us to respond where the need is greatest.


We will also continue to comply with government advisories (including alert levels) and/or border controls and exercise our judgement regarding our programmes and funding opportunities. For this reason, when making funding decisions, we may decline a programme or project if it is not viable at the time of notification, regardless of when the project is planned to take place.


As a precaution, given the uncertainty related to travel and large gatherings, we have cancelled an arts community stakeholder event we were to hold in Auckland on Monday 24 August. We will look to hold this at a future date.


We’ll continue to provide regular information on our website and social media so you can easily keep up to date with any changes.

2 views